Monday, February 05, 2007

Fabel arrived!

When we got back from town on Saturday, there was a note from the postie saying he hadn't been able to fit a packet through the letterbox. Hmmm, what could that be I wondered because I had been told my sock yarn wouldn't even arrive in the country till 5th or 6th Feb, then it had to be sent out. However, on investigation through the forum, I discovered that it was my sock yarn, so I dashed out this morning and got it from the sorting office. These are the two colours i have, the 3rd won't come till the end of the month.

The green is lovely in real life, much brighter than this pic. That will be for Heather's other pair of socks. And the red has red, orange, brown beige and almost black. (Click the pics for detailed views). Can't wait to see how they both knit up. Oh, the details... they are Fabel sock yarn 50g balls from www.garnstudio.com in shades 672 (red) and 542 (green). Brand new in the UK. There is a free pattern printed inside the ball band but unfortunatley it is in a Scandinavian language!

I have almost finished the blue socks for Heather, and then I will go onto the fluffy slippers for my step-sister. I had an email which said "Please, please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please can I have some fluffy slippers for my birthday, please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please!" How could I refuse such a plea??

It is the monthly Knit in Chester meeting today so I'll be off there this afternoon. I think I'll take the cardigan to work on because I don't have to count rows or anything on that at the moment.

There is someone locally who has one of those VW camper type vans. They have done a paint job on it, with the skulls from the Mighty Boosh. It's very cool, and I saw it twice this morning. I haven't had a camera with me when I've seen it, but it looks very much like this.

This one is the actual Boosh Van used in Series 2 of The Mighty Boosh, but the one locally is all grey in the background and the skulls are smaller.


I have to go and make a birthday card for my mum now, as I need to post off her present today or tomorrow. I have to be careful what I put on here from now on too, because my parents are now on the internet and have a link to this blog!!! Hahahaha!!! Hi Mum!!!
(Edit: Just made the card............
)

1 comment:

T said...

Coo, lucky you with early parcels, I'm waiting for quite a lot of stuff :( Nice yarn and so reasonable!
How great that someone's made a Booshy van, good for them. It'd cheer up the day no end to see it driving around :) People here in Chav-town are too miserable to do such a thing.
Purty card!
I must do a blog entry, you're putting me to shame.