Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Serenity cardigan

Serenity is finished, blocked and modelled! I really like the little collar, even though it was a pain having to sew it on and then pick up stitches along the edge through TWO layers of knitting. I think I made a pretty good job of it though.



Pattern : Serenity from Rowan Studio 15
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton - 5 balls with inches to spare!
Size: 10
Needles: KnitPicks Harmony circ -5.5mm and 4.5mm (pattern called for 5mm and 4mm but as I didn't use the recommended yarn these are the needles I got gauge on.)
Modifications: I added 8 rows of stocking stitch to the length of the sleeves.

I'm sure someone clever could adapt this to be knit top down in one piece, I could have done without all the mattress stitch, but at least in a cropped cardi they are shortish seams!

4 comments:

mooncalf said...

OOH gorgeous colour but GULP picking up stitches through two layers! Looks great though so I suppose it was worth it :)

florencemary said...

Serenity really suits you, Donna, and I love the collar detail!

Linz Knits Now said...

That is just gorgeous!!! I love the colour and it does suit you.

Nina said...

Wonderful, rich colour for such an elegant design! Really lovely. You do nice work, my dear. :)