Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Case Histories

Case Histories Case Histories by Kate Atkinson


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really liked this book. The writing style flowed very easily, it is a style I would like to write in, almost a stream of consciousness at times but following a story - several stories - too.

At first it seems that the stories are completely separate but they all come together at the end in various ways. Not all the ends are tied up and the others are not necessarily in ways you would expect. There are some good twists. You learn a lot about the characters and some of them learn things about themselves along the way.

I shall definitely be reading more Kate Atkinson.

Edited 22.5.09 to add: This was also a lovely book to read because of the actual pages. They are made of really thin paper that just flops open so that you don't have to constantly be straining to keep the pages open. Nice!

View all my reviews.

No comments: