Monday, May 11, 2009

The Red Dahlia

The Red Dahlia The Red Dahlia by Lynda La Plante


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book was ok, but I felt it was written with an eye to a TV adaptation.

The confession came all of a sudden, in one paragraph the person was refusing to talk, and a couple of paragraphs later the detective was explaining what the person had confessed to him and it seemed like there was a big chunk missing. There were quite a lot of typos throughout the book too, which I find quite irritating.

If you like TV police dramas you will probably like this book, but I don't think I'll read any more La Plante myself.

View all my reviews.

2 comments:

mooncalf said...

I would have dogs but I will have to work hard all day to pay for the house in the country and I don't think it is fair to expect a dog to stay in all day alone. I would have a dog any day of the week over a cat but cats are more work-friendly...

P.S. Do not read this article - you have been warned!

http://tinyurl.com/qv3sau

Jenny King said...

I'm glad this wasn't chosen for our group read then :S

Dock Dogs was brilliant. They did say they will be doing more events in the UK. I don't know if the website is very useful.

If not you could always come to the Norwich Game Fair next year :P