Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Disclaimer: Please ignore the inane expressions on my face in the following photos. I took them all several times and could not get a decent one! I was taking them by holding my phone at arm's length and couldn't concentrate on doing that and looking like a human being at the same time!

Anyway, when I got up this morning I looked like this - 9 months of not getting a hair cut is not a pretty sight.



So off I went at 9am to the hairdresser. Becca had given me strict instructions to have it cut short enough that I couldn't drag it back and put it into a hair clip. We'd looked at some hair magazines in Borders last night while we were at knitting group and picked out a few styles. Of course you never end up looking like the pictures in those, but I got an idea of what I thought I might like.

By 10am I looked like this



It definitely had a bit more body and bounce in the hairdressers but by the time I got home it had gone flat. I had popped into Morrisons on the way back and bought some Shock Waves wax so after a quick dab of that, I had it looking like this


I didn;t bother having a colour done, I quite like my little grey streak at the front now that my parting is further over. I may get a cheapo one and do it myself at some point though. (And if you are wondering - no I can't get it into a hair clip!)

5 comments:

sprite966 said...

I love the new haircut it's fab thank's for your lovely comment's I am feeling better thank's

Anonymous said...

Love the new chop! The fringe suits you so much, and the length is perfect!

Mandy said...

Now that fringe is something special! As Yellowwarbler has said the length is really flattering.
Have fun playing around with the hair products.

Nina said...

You look great! Both before and after, BTW.

I think your timing is both impeccable and incredible - it's been the same amount of time for me, and guess what?! I took meself for a cut the same day as you. I asked for more layers to get a little more swing and wave to it, and with all the rain here lately, that's what I've got.

I let my mother do my colour for me--you know, Mother Nature?

florencemary said...

Oooh, I really like your sophisticated grey streak! I think it suits you shorter...