Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Warm, birds, whistling, CD, card & socks!

3BTs for today........
1. Going out wrapped up in 4 layers and feeling cosy warm, and not minding that my nose was still cold.
2. Big, fat blackbirds rustling around in the leaf litter.
3. A window cleaner whistling away, happy in his work.

So I have just whizzed up this card for our neice's 18th birthday. I used a decoupage sheet that I've had for ages and some peel-offs in a window card. Not sure if we will see her at the weekend though.



I got a surprise in the post this morning, a CD from My Pwllheli Friend. He did it while I was over there last week but I forgot to bring it with me, and then I forgot he was sending it to me so when it arrived I was well chuffed! Some cool tunes on there, The Coral, OutKast, Jose Gonzales (remember the bouncing balls advert on TV recently?).

A big breakthrough happened last night. I finished a competition sock!!! Once I got on with it it didn't take too long to do. I tried it on and it is a bit tight but I'm not gonna faff with it at this stage, I'll just get the other one done and send them in. I really wish they were as good as these mitts. How good a knitter are they???

1 comment:

T said...

And she makes cards too, is there no end to her talents?
Glad you've had some sock success!
A woman at our knitgroup showed me those mitts last month that she'd made. I reckon it's justtime and concentration, we will do it too one day!