Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Paris, lips & face

Look what just arrived!! My garnstudio Paris. It is so difficult to get the colours to look right but it is slightly more red-pink than in the photo, there it looks quite orangey but it actually isn't. It is no. 38 on this colour chart and this is what I'm going to make with it. But not yet!!



I picked up the competition socks again this morning after having a break from them and I think I will just get on and do them. I'll try to get the first one done and then take the other one to do in Ireland when we visit Colin's dad.

I have got 3BTs for today
1. A little clutch of snowdrops in flower in one of my neighbours' gardens.
2. Twinkly frost on the lawn
3. Lovely soft lip balm that is still on when you wake up in the morning.

And that leads me to a couple of recommendations...
I found a lip balm on Saturday in Julian Graves. I went in for a big bag of sultanas and it was on the counter so I bought one. Usually I'll buy a lip balm and use it about twice and that is that, but this one is the best I've tried and I've used it every day since. It is called Jason Lips Bee Healthier and has a lovely peppermint flavour, and makes your lips tingle. Perfect for this time of the year. I'm not sure where else you can get it though.
The other product I want to recommend is Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. It is the best thing I have ever washed my face with, and isn't too expensive! The moisturiser is good too. I don't think I'll use anything else from now on. I did run out of this recently and used some Clinique face wash that I already had and it wasn't a patch on this, and much dearer. I'll make sure I don't run out again!!

1 comment:

T said...

Yarn delivery makes my day! That's beautiful, your jacket will be a stunner.
We have snow darn Sarf. Well, we did but it melted.
My pals and I were talking about lip balm (I don't use it) and it's addictive you know, so take care ;) I like the packaging on that one :)
I think Carrie Anne (www.acrylik.blogspot.com) uses Liz Earle and I might start to soon. I've only heard good about it. I have rosacea though and have to watch how much heat I have on my face.