Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Moon

New Moon (Twilight, #2) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Halfway through the first book I didn't think I was going to carry on, it was all a bit dull. Then it picked up and when I'd finished it I decided I would carry on with the series.

I liked this book better than the first I think. It was obviously what was going on with Jacob and his friends though.

I felt that some bits of the book were only written as set up points for the next books, like the bits with Victoria. She is obviously going to crop up again. And Charlie's friend died just in order to set up a misunderstanding. But I guess that is called moving the plot forward. It did work in this instance as the plot completely changed then and there.

I thought the emotions Bella felt were written very well, and I could really imagine the pain she was feeling when Edward left her. The descriptions of this were very good.

So what is going to happen in book 3?


View all my reviews.

No comments: