Sunday, June 28, 2009

The 'burbs.

I came to a realisation last night. It occurred to me at about 8.30pm. The situation was quite bizarre really. I was sitting in a school hall watching the end of term concert by a local dancing school, surrounded by adoring parents, grandparents and various other family members of the performers. The age range of the children performing was 3 to 18-ish. There were various efforts from the tiny ones literally walking in circles to "Wee Willie Winkie" and looking cute, to older ones doing ballet or tap routines. My mum would have loved it. The thing is, we don't have any kids, and I wasn't a volunteer helper or anything. Sounds like I was having one of my frequent weird dreams doesn't it?

Our neighbours up the road have two girls of 10 and 8 years old who go to the dancing school and were performing. The grandparents couldn't go, so at the last minute we were asked if we wanted the tickets. "Ah, why not?" I said (it was free and Saturday telly is pretty dire!), so that's what happened. Oh, the realisation? I am an ordinary suburban housewife!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Well, that was very sweet of you to go. I'll bet the girls were pleased you were there. :) (What, no photos?!)

There is one dance school in particular nearby considered to be very good. In fact, people have recommended attending their end of term concert because the performances are so good! I may stalk my way in there, even though my boys aren't currently attending, LOL.