Friday, August 28, 2009

Circle socks finished

I finished these off yesterday




Pattern: Circle Socks by Anne Campbell (this is a free ravelry download so you need to be on ravelry to see it - sorry!)
Yarn: King Cole Zig Zag sock yarn
Needles: 2.5mm Addi lace circs using magic loop.
Mods: Only did 4 repeats of the circle pattern on the leg cuff.

Of all the beautiful sock yarns I have in my stash, I used this cheapy 50% superwash wool, 50% nylon Zig Zag. It isn't the softest yarn in the world by any means, but it was only £3.99 for 100g and I loved the colour. I'd say it will be quite hard wearing too and will probably soften up in the wash.
I think that Glass Slippers will be my next sock project but I will need just the right yarn to show the pattern off. I'd love to use this gorgeous Malabrigo sock yarn that Karen gave me for my birthday at knit group this week, but I think it may be too dark.



Perhaps it is time to use my Posh Yarns Eva
which I have had for well over a year. Or Green Eyed Monsters Gem,
hmmm, decisions decisions.
But for today I must seam my Red Cardigan, its been waiting over a week now.

No comments: