Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Good Turn

One Good Turn: A Jolly Murder Mystery One Good Turn: A Jolly Murder Mystery by Kate Atkinson


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I do like Kate Atkinson, I find that her books do flow easily.

This is the second in the trilogy featuring private detective Jackson Brodie but is not really based around him. There are lots of characters which at first seem separate but all tie in together at the end. I'm not sure if it all quite made sense but that might be just me.

This is the third Atkinson I have read in a relatively short space of time and I think I need to take a break from her. Sometimes the way she goes into the background of her characters' lives feels too much, and although it really gives you an insight into their characters it can sometimes feel like it is just filling space. (Although if you asked me now what could have been left out I couldn't really tell you!).

The ending gives an idea of what may happen to Jackson in the third book, but I think it is not necessarily going to turn out that way.

I did like it, but I didn't love it.


View all my reviews >>

No comments: