Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When your world turns upside down....

.........its possible you have Labyrinthitis. I've got it at the moment. I woke up on Monday morning and the room was spinning. The only way I could stop it was by sitting up ramrod straight and not moving my head in any direction at all. Otherwise I would probably have fallen over. Your balance just completely goes. It had eased a bit by the afternoon, enough that I could walk from the doctor's waiting room to his consulting room anyway. He has given me some tablets but said it can last from a week to five weeks. The spinning has stopped now and I can do normal things so I was able to go into town with my mum and on a short drive to Stash! I am going into the office today because I have a lot to catch up on. I am still a bit woolly headed though so I'll take it easy. Luckily it is only a 3 mile drive.

It is a most peculiar thing to have though.

4 comments:

Steve said...

hmmm. i never stopped. its happening loads at the moment. im not getting updates. and i get removed from the blogs i am following. i went round them all on sunday and stopped and refollowed and that seemed to fix it. but when i checked yours i was still there so didn't need too. ive done it now.

let me kno if i dissapear again.

Nina said...

I just had vertigo about a month ago! It was whenever I changed the way I held my head --that didn't sound right(you know, when I took it off my shoulders). And especially when I went horizontal at night. I figured it was from not getting enough sleep, and it did clear up within a week. Didn't see a doc for it, though.

I hope yours clears up quickly. I'm gonna send PVs for all the other drivers on your route. ;)

Heh- my word verification is "conga"!

Mandy said...

I do hope that it clears up quickly for you. Labyrinthitis sounds really unpleasant.

Sarah said...

Oh, no. I had a sudden attack of vertigo a few years back and it was really scary. I hope this clears up soon.