Monday, August 11, 2008

Cake!

I'm not going to bore the pants off everyone with hundreds of photos from my birthday, so here is a select few.

Me cutting cake


Me still cutting cake (can someone tell me is that T-shirt rude do you think? I'm not sure!!)


Very cute salt & pepper shakers from Mel & Stu


A brilliant birthday card from Iain & Helen. Why its so brilliant is that Helen drew it!! She is so talented. I love the way it looks 3D, but is actually flat.


I think parties are a little bit self indulgent because you know that people aren't going to turn up empty handed. I did get more cards and pressies than I probably would have done if it had been a quiet one, but hey, it was one of those birthdays with a 0 on the end.

Luckily, although it was a bit dark and dismal, the rain did stop so that we could have people sitting out on the patio. It was touch and go though. I hope a good time was had by all.

Colin bought me a fab new Digital SLR camera. I just need to learn how to use it properly now, rather than just leave it on AUTO. And find some artistic things to photograph rather than use it for snaps. Colin got all arty and took this down on the river yesterday morning when we went out for a cooked brekkie at The Blue Moon cafe.


And yesterday afternoon, rather than having leftovers for dinner, we were invited to our neighbours so I dragged the birthday out for another day!

1 comment:

Chris Gough said...

Hi - happy birthday! If you are a writer in Cheshire check out
http://chrisgough.blogspot.com/

and

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/vrwg/

Big event next week at Blue Cap pub!