Thursday, March 06, 2008

Slip up on slip stitch

This is what my Stitch n Bitch calendar told me on Tuesday.


Is that right? Does everyone else do it that way. I've been doing it wrong then!! I put the right hand needle into the stitch as if to knit and then slip it off the left hand needle. Am I twisting the stitch by doing that then? Hmm, going to have to investigate this further.

The sock has been going pretty slowly as the Gorgeous One has now got big enough to jump onto the couch and nothing is safe!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Interesting - I do slip purlwise unless otherwise instructed as I read it somewhere but I also slip purlwise for a SSK.

Does it twist the stitch? Can't think without needles to hand!

Donna said...

By slipping purlwise on a SSK, you could just k2togtbl. I'm going to look through my technique books when I get home.

florencemary said...

I do what your calendar says - unless the pattern says otherwise. I think it's just a matter of how it looks, or if you get a twisted stitch on the 'return' row... I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Oh dear, has TGO started wrangling your knitting? Definitely dog-school, I'm afraid!

dreamcatcher said...

I tend to slip purlwise after I read it somewhere, except for SSK where I think it should be knitwise. That said I'm slipping knitwise on my current FCS, but that's within a Sl1, K2tog, PSSO so I'm not sure how much difference it makes to the finised item!

Laura said...

Ooops! I've been doing it wrong too! Thanks for sharing the tip! :)