Thursday, December 04, 2008

Knitting content at last

My first pair of Fetching gloves. These only took a couple of evenings work so I am going to make some more.



Pattern: Fetching from knitty.com
Yarn: Mirasol Miski - one and a half skeins (approx 75g)
Needles: KnitPicks interchangeables 4mm using magic loop.
Mods: added an extra cable at the knuckles, and one extra row on the thumb.

They are quite fluffy and I am a bit concerned they will pill easily but the next ones are going to be in this........Debbie Bliss pure cashmere which was on offer in Stash. I treated myself because it was a reward for finishing NaNo.


I also got some KnitPicks DPNs in 4mm, 20cm long but when I used them I found that I definitely prefer two circs or magic loop so I'm happy to sell them on if anyone wants them. Leave a comment and I'll get back to you. If not I'll put them on ebay!

1 comment:

Nina said...

The Fetching are beautiful! Don't worry the fluffy, the fluffy = warm, no? But the cashmere will make them your favourites! I do like your modifications.

I Hat Attacked with the magic loop, but I still love the sticks.