Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh Canada!

We have just had visitors for 2 days. Colin's cousin Sheila (middle) and her husband Fraser (far left), who stayed with us for two nights and Fraser's brother Barry and his wife Pat (right) who stayed at a local B&B. They are all Canadian. They were really nice laid back people. This was taken outside our house this morning as they all left to drive down to Felixstowe to visit more people.



Yesterday was a great day, it was hot and sunny and we spent the day at Chester Races. It's the first time we've ever been and we've lived here 12 years! Of course we had to have a bet. There were 7 races and I ended up with 4 winners and a second place and tripled my money!! When I say I arrived with a fiver and left with 15 quid it doesn't sound so grand but I was only betting a pound at a time. This was my first


and my second winners


Fraser did really well, he made a net profit of £60.

No comments: