Monday, November 03, 2008

Day 3

NaNoWriMo is going well so far. I had hoped to do 2000 words a day to get up a head of steam, but haven't quite managed that since Day 1. I am ahead of target though. I needed to have 5001 words done by now and I have 5360.

At the moment I am stopping with something left in the idea tank to start the next day's writing with. I think if I just wrote until I ran out of things to say I would worry about not having anything the next day. This way it can work away at my subconscious during the evening and night and see what comes out. I was watching TV and knitting last night when an idea popped into my head and I scurried upstairs to write it in my notebook.

I wouldn't say it was exactly fun, it is taking a good two hours at least to do each day, but it feels good when you get to that daily word target, and 5300 words is over a 10th of the way already.

No comments: