Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier

Rebecca Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
You can find my thoughts on the first half of this book here
http://from-little-acorns.blogspot.com/2...
**SPOIlER ALERT**
I felt this first half was a bit slow but once you find out what really happened in Chapter 20 it all hots up. The tension builds and you wonder what is going to happen in the end. Will Max get away with what happened? Are there any witnesses? Who will try to trip him up? Will the second Mrs de Winter stand by him?

I enjoyed the second half of the book, but I was still frustrated that the second Mrs de Winter (it would be so much easier if we knew her name!!) didn't speak up at times. The author was clever in leading you to think one way about why Rebecca was in London that last day, when it was something else.

I'm not sure if I want to tackle another period novel again for a while though.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: