Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In a lull

I am in a lull - is that the right word for it? Nothing much is happening, the knitting is fairly dull and uninspiring and all that there is on telly is football!!

But tonight is knitting group, yay! Although, despite sending emails to all 20-plus members asking for any feedback they may have on how the group is going, I received a total of 0 replies. Unless you count the two people who were just letting me know that they couldn't make it to the group this month. Never mind, they are all obviously enjoying the group so much and don't think any changes are necessary. That can't be a bad thing can it?

I get to see an old friend on Friday. Sarah and I met at primary school in Southampton and despite her moving to the Isle of Wight when we were about 6 we have stayed in touch all these years. The last time I saw her was 9 years ago at her wedding but on Friday I am going over to see her. She now has 4 children!! My mum has stayed in touch with her mum too so we are having a girls' day out together! I am hoping to do a bit of famous person spotting on the ferry/hydrofoil as it is also the Isle of Wight Festival this weekend, and all those "stars" have to get there somehow don't they? Maybe I'll spot Sting doing a bit of yoga on the open deck!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

It's nice to meet up with "old" friends - it's amazing how even after years and years you can slip back into that easy relationship you used to have.
Hope you have a lovely day!

florencemary said...

Know what you mean about the 'lulls' - well, knitting ones, anyway!

The 'old' friendships are so wonderful - in my experience, you always pick up where you left off, even though you've not seen each other for years.